Identity theft is on the rise, targeting people of all ages. What is identity theft? According to the Federal Trade Commission, identity theft is when someone uses your personally identifying information, like your name, Social Security number, or credit card number, without your permission, to commit fraud or other crimes. Identity theft affects millions of people a year.
The good news is, while nobody can prevent an identity theft event from occurring, you can protect yourself. F&M Bank offers ID TheftSmart, a service that gives you access to a team of licensed private investigators that help protect, detect and restore your identity. ID TheftSmart with credit monitoring and I.D. restoration is $5.00 per person/month.
Credit Monitoring Features
- Monthly credit monitoring of: new account openings, credit inquires, payment delinquencies, public record changes, and change of address.
- Have access to trained credit specialists to answer data questions..
- Receive alerts via email of any activity.
- If there is no activity with your credit, you will receive a monthly 'no activity' email that lets you know monitoring of your account is still happening.
ID Restoration Features
- Consultation on best practices for managing personal identification information.
- Safety guidelines for communicating and interacting online.
- Information about your rights concerning identity theft under Federal and State Laws. .
- Consult on best practices for consumer privacy.
- An action plan when information has been compromised.
- Help interpreting and analyzing your credit report.
- assist in the event of a Stolen/Lost Wallet.
- Fraud Alert Assistance.
- Credit Freeze Consultation.
Enroll for ID TheftSmart with our secure online form.